Let's Talk Trees: Series Finale!
Time & Location
About the Event
Trees Matter Fredericton Free Online Speakers Series on everything urban nature - Mondays 7-8pm, to Apr 26thAbout this Event
The talks are practical, interesting beginner guides to April 26th
• Feb 1st: Tips on Winter Tree Identification, with renowned NB naturalist, Dr. Jim Goltz. Conifers!
• Feb 8th: How to Grow Trees for Wildlife and Food, with Liberty Tree Nursery owner, Jesse Saindon
• Feb 15th: The How’s and Why’s of Forest Bathing, with STU psychology professor, Dr. Monika Stelzl
• Feb 22nd: The Great Trees of Fredericton, with well-loved local author & forester, David Palmer
• Mar 1st: Create a Natural Oasis in Your Backyard! Presented by Nature NB - a spring break special!
• Mar 8th: Part 2 of Winter Tree Identification, with renowned NB naturalist, Dr. Jim Goltz. Those tricky deciduous trees!
• Mar 15th: Urban wild edibles & plant medicines too, with the Backyard Botanist, Adam Birchweaver
• Mar 22nd: How Do We Decide? Managing the Urban Forest when Everyone's "an Owner" with UNB professor, Dr. Tom Beckley, UNB Forestry & Environmental Management
• Mar 29th: How Halifax Did It - Adventures in Getting and Managing a Citywide Urban Forest Plan, with Dr. Peter Duinker, School for Resource & Environmental Studies, Dalhousie University
• Apr 12th: Nature Has a Flood Plan – Restoring Fredericton’s Silver Maple Forests, with Dr. Natalie Deseta. Co-sponsored by the Nashwaak Watershed Association
• Apr 19th: Call of the Forest: The Forgotten Wisdom of Trees, Panel Discussion including Canadian scientist & author Diana Beresford-Kroeger. (Note - Treespeak Films Inc will provide free access to the film April 16th to 18th. Access codes will be emailed from Trees Matter Fredericton to registrants)
• Apr 26th: Series Finale! Join some of your favorite series presenters for updates & Q&A.